-
July 22nd, 2001, 04:06 AM
#1
Inactive Member
YOUR FACE
Who is this faceless Man who I seek after?
With strength and power as the mighty mountains?
Whose peace flows as the gentle streams?
Whose love plunges deeper than the depths of the ocean?
Whose voice can rumble through the clouds like thunder,
but still can speak softer than the faintest whisper?
His beauty and grace is as a flower with the
fragrance of His mercy renewed every morning.
The sun, the moon, and the stars remind me of Your faithfulness.
Knowing that when I awake, the sun will be there is a strong comfort at times of loneliness.
This beauty I find in You is as simple as the sun?s golden light as it shimmers over the luscious, green grass in an open field, but as profound as a miracle that leaves even the unbeliever in awe.
The moon glows it?s silver streams into the night preparing its way for the Guiding Light.
With hands so calm and gentle, He strokes the children as they slumber in the night and commands angels
to stand and watch on each side of the bedposts.
I can find Your joy and sense of humor in the giggle of a little girl or a smile of an old man.
Creating us differently, but somehow our purpose is all the same...to worship and bless Your Name.
With strength and power in Your wings,
I know Your love can conquer anything.
You breathe through the wind that reminds me that You?re still in control.
These things I see, feel, and hear, but as I seek Your face, the mysteries are becoming more clear and Your face I now know is the only open door.
The door...to where I?ll know You more.
-
July 24th, 2001, 05:39 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
I'm not gonna lie, normally I hate religious poetry. Just because it's all about God.. but.. if that's what your going for in this one... I like it. I really really dig this poem. Just because perhaps it strikes a chord with me. It just fits, and flows, and it's beautifull. Awesome job. I love the description, the way you put the ideas of being comforted by the little true things... *claps* bravo, excellent poem. I really dig it.
-
July 24th, 2001, 08:41 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks